[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan LiDE 400 support in Slackware

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 11 14:00:08 GMT 2020

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020, Kelly Price wrote:

> You fall into the same category I do with my LiDE 220. It somehow just
> doesn't like USB 3.x ports. I think we were working on the issue still.
> Olaf can remind me (as it's early and coffee is just being had here).

Kelly,

I recall reading somewhere that the LiDE 400 required USB 3.x ports. And,
when connected to a 3.0 port I could press the 'PDF' button on the front
edge of the scanner, which brought up a simple GUI interface, and was able
to scan a page. So it must accept the USB 3.0 ports when used by itself but
even after adding it to /etc/scan.c/genesis.conf it's not found by
'scanimage -L'.

> As a work-around, I ended up putting this in my PC:
> https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8V7E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did it solve the problem?

I don't know about other Canon scanners but the LiDE 400 has no power
switch. It turns on when the USB cable is inserted.

Regards,

Rich