[sane-devel] [janitorial] Feature freeze for 1.0.29 and call for translation updates

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 13 08:47:46 GMT 2020

Hi Ulf,

Ulf Zibis writes:

> Am 12.01.20 um 13:23 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
>> The other languages are *mostly* up-to-date but if you are fluent in any
>> of
>>
>>    - Catalan
>>    - Catalan (Valencian)
>>    - Dutch
>>    - English (United Kingdom)
>>    - German
>>    - Hebrew
>>    - Ukrainian
>>
>> feel free to submit a merge request targetting release/1.0.209 with the
>> changes to bring them up-to-date.
> Hi, I'm trying to help with German. I did:
> $ git clone https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends.git
> $ cd backends
> $ git checkout origin/release/1.0.29
> $ cd po ; make update-po
> make: *** Keine Regel, um „update-po“ zu erstellen. Schluss.

Sorry for not providing any guidance on how to go about helping out.
Yuri and Ralph have already filled in the gap and have done a good job.
Basically all you need to do is edit the po/*.po for the language you
want to help out with.

Yuri has listed a number of useful tools to do so already but if you
grok the *.po file format, any text editor will do.

Ralph has outlined the GitLab.com way to create a merge request but if
that is too daunting, just send the updated file as an attachment to the
list.

Hope this helps,