[sane-devel] [janitorial] Feature freeze for 1.0.29 and call for translation updates

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:58:40 GMT 2020

Hi Ulf,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:58 AM Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de> wrote:

> Here came some surprise. With diff, I could see, that many lines were
> changed, even there was no semantic change. This was caused by poedit
> from automatic line break. It breaks lines after 83 chars, regardless if
> I e.g. set it to 70 (with "keep format of existing files"), the default
> was 79.
> So I like to suggest, to first "reformat" the de.po file for a stable
> format, make a merge request and after do the semantic changes, so
> reviewers would have less work.
>
> I tend to agree!
I prefer to formatting changes separated from functional updates.

However reviewing and correcting about 15 % of all entries took me 6
> hours last night, and I leave to holydays Wednesday, I can not complete
> the work. Would it be of help anyway, if I submit this chunk of work?

All appreciated.
Yes! Partially updated translations are worthwhile having, in my opinion.
At the very least, it would reduce the work of the next person to tackle it.
Make sure that it is clear that the update is partial.

Cheers,
Ralph