[sane-devel] Neat NM-1000

Dan Churchill churchid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 17:49:27 GMT 2020

Does anyone know if Neat NM-1000 (Neat Mobile Scanner 1.0) sheetfed scanner
support has ever been worked out? I found an old thread in 2014 (
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2014-January/032025.html)
that says it uses a Genesys Logic GL123 chip, and that a data sheet for
that chip may be helpful in getting it to work. Various other information
I've found used to suggest a gt16xx driver might work, but I have had no
luck on that avenue of attack (plus the vendor code is different from all
the other scanners supported by that driver, leading me to believe it's not
the right one).

I found the data sheet with a simple Google search, so I suspect there are
other barriers to developing support for this scanner? FWIW, the data sheet
I found is here:
https://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/download.php?id=1b99efa069c08e613d1a1c67647ada64d46c20&type=P&term=GL123

TIA for any information on how I can get this scanner to work under Linux.

-Dan