[sane-devel] Neat NM-1000

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 19:45:49 GMT 2020

Hi,
Have you tried cracking it open to see what chips are inside?
 From what I gather from what others say, Genesys chips are usually
obviously branded as such.

Obviously there are dangers with that so if you do, you obviously risk
some damage. Disassembly is not always that obvious and you risk
whatever warranty you have.
Also, if this is expensive and something you rely on, then that is
something you must consider.

I just had a quick peek into the Genesys sources and it doesn't look
like there is GL123 support as yet.
It might be something that Povilas is looking into, though.
I had a brief look at the data sheet and it doesn't look massively
different to the other Genesys stuff I have seen, but then I'm a
beginner at this game so take that view with a pinch of salt.

Certainly before starting on anything like that, unless I was absolutely
certain what was in it, I would tend to want to take a look at the
chippery. You could also take some small USB captures and post them
somewhere public for people to look at. Someone, somewhere might
recognise it, or at least confirm that it is somewhat Genesys related.

Cheers,
Ralph