[sane-devel] Regression tests

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:10:36 GMT 2020

Hi All,
I have managed to amass an impression and representative selection of
scanners by various means (and the prodigious assistance of Craigslist)
so that we can perform testing of changes to backend code.
I am not intending to get a sample of every possible unit, rather a unit
that can be used to exercise each distinct backend.
Over the next few weeks, as time allows, I will put the scanners that I
have through their paces to check for regressions or weird behaviour.

I have done a round of testing on the HP ScanJet 5400C that I got
yesterday and there is a GitLab issue containing a number of issues that
I found. That is issue #233.
Unless someone specifically wants to tackle them (and particular if the
backend is unmaintained), I will attempt to address them over time.

If anyone has a comment on the format of the reports or if the various
items should go into separate issues, then I am all ears. :D
In the case of the 5400C, most of the issues were fairly minor to could
probably be dealt with with small changes, so it seemed appropriate to
me to stick them all in the same report.

Cheers,
Ralph