[sane-devel] IPV6 Only?

C. Cook c.a.cook at quantum-sci.com
Fri Jul 3 21:41:06 BST 2020

Just installed saned to a raspberry pi running centos.  When I first
started saned.socket it failed with "saned.socket failed to listen on
sockets: Address family not supported by protocol".

Huh?

Turns out it will only start in IPV6 and I have that disabled in the
kernel. (sysctl)  When I enabled IPV6 the daemon started fine...  but
only on IPV6.

And it's disobeying my directive in net.conf to only listen on
localhost, instead listening on *.

systemd   1   root   43u  IPv6  12327      0t0  TCP *:6566 (LISTEN)

Name        : sane-backends
Version     : 1.0.24
Release     : 12.el7
Architecture: armv7hl