[sane-devel] [janitorial] Let's release 1.0.31 in August

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 21 12:45:17 BST 2020

Hi all,

I've been dragging my feet of late.  Not just as far as the SANE Project
is concerned but in general.  For one reason or another I just can't get
myself to do much after I get home from work ... :-/

Let's see if I can change that a bit by upping the pressure (on myself)
and announce intent to release sane-backend-1.0.31 sometime next month.
That would keep us on track for a roughly half-yearly release cycle, not
counting security bug fix releases like 1.0.30.

In keeping with what's in our `doc/release.txt` (minus a day or two), I
would like to proceed along the following timeline

  2020-07-21 Kick-off
  2020-08-02 Feature Freeze (-> cut release/1.0.31 branch)
  2020-08-16 Code Freeze
  2020-08-23 Release

You can find a milestone for 1.0.31 at

 https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/milestones/4

I'll be adding issues fixed and merge requests to be included or already
included in the coming weeks and hope to finish that before the feature
freeze.  Help with that chore is welcome by the way.

# FTR, I'll be mostly off-line during the August 12-16 period.

Hope this helps,