[sane-devel] ADF support in SANE API

Jürgen Mellinger juergen.mellinger at t-online.de
Mon Jun 29 20:19:35 BST 2020

> I want to ask one thing. When you publish device to DNS-SD, you use rs=<UUID>, while most eSCL clients I've ever seen (erronously) assume rs=eSCL. Does it really works with MacOS?

It works fine with the AirScanScanner client in MacOS, yes.
Also, it works with the Mopria Scan App for Android for devices that are auto-detected. When manually entering the IP address, the app tries /eSCL on that IP address.
Vuescan assumes rs=eSCL. I have in the meantime changed the URL for the first scanner to /eSCL for compatibility reasons, but Vuescan still does not scan from AirSane.

What other eSCL clients do you know of, other than sane-escl and sane-airscan?

-Jürgen