[sane-devel] Fwd: Ricoh SP204SN AIO network scanner

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Sun Mar 1 21:34:02 GMT 2020

On 3/1/20 9:59 PM, Brian Potkin wrote:

>> According to spec, this scanner doesn't support eSCL. Apple also doesn't
>> list it on its compatibility list.
>
> What is in the specs that indicates non-escl support?

The absence of explicit indication of such a support :-)

BTW, I've wrote a tool that discovers eSCL and WSD scanners on a network:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/airscan-discover

It is especially useful to discover WSD scanners, as there is no such a
tool for Linux.

I don't provide any packaging, at leas for now, but it is written in Go,
so building it is really easy, just a single command.

WSD support in sane-airscan will be available for initial testing in a
few days.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)