[sane-devel] WS-Scan (WSD scan)

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Thu Mar 5 14:00:54 GMT 2020

On 3/2/20 10:10 AM, Klaus Kämpf wrote:
>> 3) Though protocol defines a method to specify scan region, device
>> completely ignores these parameters and always returns a full page. Is it
>> normal?
>
> I haven't tried setting the scan regio yet.

Just to let you know.

The fact that device completely ignores the scan region settings was my
stupid mistake. I've fixed it, and now device accepts these settings and
even mirrors them in the DocumentFinalParameters. But it absolutely
doesn't affect the resulting image, it always scans full page.

So at least one device, Kyocera ECOSYS M2040dn, has this functionality
completely broken.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)