[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.6.5 released
jffry at posteo.net
Fri Mar 6 16:28:36 GMT 2020
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.6.5:
* Fixed bug when editing page number causing page to deselect and
thumbnails to scroll to top of list
* Use a scrolled window in the multiple message dialog to prevent it
from growing too large.
* Use the "Don't show these messages again" checkbox to switch the
checkboxes for the individual messages. Set the button inconsistent if
the states are not all the same.
* Fix warning message about pdftk (again) by making sure that user-
defined tmp directory is available in time.
* Improve responsiveness with OCR output (again)
* Select # pages = all when switching from reverse->facing.
Closes bug #344 (# Pages in Scan Document dialog reverts to # from
* Show "waiting" cursor for longer to prevent scans from being started
before all options applied.
* Respect 'Use timezone from locale' option when setting file system
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Martin Butter)
* Update to Spanish translation (thanks to rodroes)
* Update to Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel