[sane-devel] Setting backend capabilities

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 04:13:19 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-03-07 6:06 p.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> # I considered adding a polling loop but that doesn't make much sense.
> # You can only signal the frontend via sane_control_option() that it
> # needs to SANE_INFO_RELOAD_OPTIONS, so checking there is good enough.

I had a look at this.
I don't think this really helps me here.
A polling loop is the only real way for this to work.
xsane could do this for some options that were marked in a way to make
it obvious that it should do it.

In the Windows utility, pressing the scanner buttons does immediately
reflect the change in the settings dialog so that they are kept in sync.
It might be that we could enhance xsane to poll sensors so that they
reflect in realtime what is being set on the hardware.
That could be easily done with an object timer I suspect, but I will
defer that for the moment.

Cheers,
Ralph