[sane-devel] Canon ImageCLASS MF743cdw

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:27:40 GMT 2020

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 19:04, Thierry HUCAHRD <thierry at ordissimo.com> wrote:

> Only Multi-Function devices implementing AirPrint 1.4 always offer
> AirPrint.
>
> http://testcluster.blogspot.com/2014/03/scanning-from-apple-airprint-airscan.html

Yes, I saw that some months ago. It says

 > The Apple AirPrint specification 1.4 requires...

There is no sign of a 1.4 specification anywhere that I can find. Not
only that, but
David Poole does not give any easy way that I can see to contact him and pursue
where the information came from. Hunting in the dark; a popular computer
pastime. I gave up.

Note that this Canon ImageCLASS MF743cdw implements AirPrint 1.4.

 > URF=ADOBERGB24,CP255,DM1,PQ4,RS300,SRGB24,W8-16,FN3,IS1-4,OB10-40,V1.4

But there isn't any _uscan._tcp output (No AirScan). Where does that leave us?

As for "only": My ENVY4500, which recogises escl, has

 >URF=...V1.3

I think that your "only" is another generalisation that needs to be revised.

--
Brian.