[sane-devel] SCSI capture

Ondrej Zary linux at zary.sk
Thu Mar 19 21:33:16 GMT 2020

On Thursday 19 March 2020 18:31:24 Ralph Little wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone on the list point me in the direction of some good information
> about how to capture SCSI traffic on Windows? I have a future project to
> work on a SCSI backend for an unsupported SCSI device for "fun" and I'm
> looking for some reading material.
>
> It doesn't seem to me that it would be as straightforward as USB dumping.

Hello,
I did it once (to fix Umax UC630 support) using SCSI pass-through in old VMware Player 7.1.6 running Windows ME.
IIRC I patched the vmware kernel modules to dump the data to the kernel log. The patches are probably still stored on the machine I used to do the work but it's out of reach now, unfortunately.

The kernel modules patched for newer kernels are here:
https://github.com/ondrej-zary/old-vmware-modules

--
Ondrej Zary