[sane-devel] SCSI capture

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Sat Mar 21 09:03:21 GMT 2020

On 3/21/20 5:17 AM, Ralph Little wrote:

> I don't know if that would work for me.
> I have to capture SCSI traffic direct to a SCSI hardware device from a
> proprietary application.

I understand. I bet, if you use USB-to-SCSI adapter, the captured USB
traffic is a SCSI traffic plus, may be, a fixed-size header, easy to
guess and easy to strip.

Proprietary application should not notice USB in between. AFAIK, Windows
use a separate enumerator for SCSI bus, so for application the device
will appear as a regular SCSI device, it will not notice that it is
connected through USB.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)