[sane-devel] Fujitsu fi-6130: x-offset duplex

Max Voit max.voit+mlsa at with-eyes.net
Sat Mar 21 13:48:54 GMT 2020

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 21:42:40 -0400
"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, the X offset setting is controlled by the scanner itself. It is
> stored somewhere in the scanner firmware, but I'm not sure how we
> write to it. I can ask my contacts at Fujitsu for information.

Thank you for your help, Allan.

After hooking up a Windows machine, I realized that the Windows driver
also provides a "settings" page. There it's possible to set the offsets.
It says it's writing to eeprom, so the setting is persistently stored
in the device. Thus, after configuring the offsets from Windows, scan
results have correct offsets with sane as well.

Unfortunately I was unable to aquire usb logs of the eeprom writing
procedure. I installed wireshark and pcap-usb, but it doesn't show a usb
capturing device. Hints on that would be appreciated.

On the other hand I'm not sure whether writing to the eeprom is not out
of scope of sane?

Best regards,
Max