[sane-devel] Building backends on FreeBSD?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon May 4 03:28:49 BST 2020

Hi Torfinn,

Torfinn Ingolfsen writes:

> Hello,o now, it compiles. Sorry about the noise.
>>
>> If those FreeBSD patches are generally applicable, I'd like to apply
>> them to sane-backends proper.  That way, the problem will be fixed for
>> everyone :-)
>
> I'm not sure I'm the best person to judge the general applicability, as it were.
> But I can submit issues :-)
>
>> Could you submit an issue at
>>
>>   https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/new
>>
>> Stuff on the mailing list tends to drop off the radar :-/
>
> Sure no problem. It put each up as a separate issue, hope that doesn't
> make things harder for people who actually work on this.

Actually, that makes things easier :-)

> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/286
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/287
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/288
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/289
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/290
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/291
>
> Also, if some of this already are in sane, my apologies for not
> checking that thoroughly enough.

I've taken a quick look and assigned these issues (to myself ;-)
Only #287 had only been taken care of as far as I could tell from my
quick look.  I'll look at the rest later today/this week.  Most of it
looks pretty straightforward to include in sane-backends itself.

> Anyway, hope at least some of this helps.

Thanks!