[sane-devel] Simple Scan on Ubuntu 20.04 with Canon Pixma TR4540

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:38:51 BST 2020

Hi,
Actually, I just saw the screenshot attachments and I notice that the
"apt upgrade" installed the new version of libsane which would have
included the updates.
Adding the repo and doing "apt update" just pulls down the repository
information, but does not perform any upgrade operations.
The "apt upgrade" does that, so that is probably what did the trick.

If you were running simple-scan while the upgrade was being performed,
you would not see the effect of the upgrade until you restarted
simple-scan, as it would have been holding on to the previous version of
the libsane backends.

Cheers,
Ralph