[sane-devel] Fwd: unable to read device-id

Miguel Silva megs.rs at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:56:49 BST 2020

Hi Olaf,

Sorry about my delay,

See my answers below.

Thanks,

Miguel Silva

Em seg., 25 de mai. de 2020 às 09:07, Olaf Meeuwissen <
paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> escreveu:

> Hi Miguel,
>
> Miguel Silva writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I need a help to try fix my scan.
> >
> > In the begin i was capable to scan but something wrong happened.
> >
> > Now i can use the scan only out of gnome. I exit the session (logout) and
> > enter in text mode (ALT + F2) and then i use:
> >
> >    scanimage -x 100 -y 100 --format=jpeg > image.jpg
> >
> > It's work!
>
> Did you run that as root or as a regular user?

[Miguel] - yes, i tried to run as root and the result was the same.

> If you ran it as root, it's very likely a permissions issue and you
> should ask what is needed to make things work for regular users on your
> distribution's mailing lists/forums.
>
> # Sorry, but I can't keep up with what all the distributions are doing
> # in this area these days.  Eh, if someone here knows, feel free to
> # chime in :bow:
>
> > But in the gnome the scanner didn't work.
>
> Could you be a bit more specific?  What application did you use?  How
> did it not work?  As in, what did you expect to happen and what actually
> happened.

[Miguel] - I tried with 'iscan' and  'scanimage'. The result is nothing and
looking the LOG appear this:

mai 20 11:54:10 megs-fedora iscan[6547]: io/hpmud/pp.c 627: unable to read
device-id ret=-1

[Miguel] - I expect to scan the paper that i put in the scan.

--
Miguel Silva
megs.rs at gmail.com