[sane-devel] imageClass bug

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Sat Nov 14 14:42:21 GMT 2020

Hi Ralph,

On 11/14/20 10:03 AM, Ralph Little wrote:
> Any ideas?

Did I understand correct, that device scans perfectly well if the whole
possible width is selected, but otherwise some combinations of
left/right margins cause problems?

What I would do (and actually do in my backend in a similar situation)
is to request a full width and perform image clipping purely in software.

When I came to such a decision, initially I was concerned about
performance degradation in comparison to hardware image clipping, but in
reality the difference is hard to notice.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)