[sane-devel] Can't Change Brightness/Contrast

Sven Seiffert SvenSeiffert at gmx.net
Sat Nov 14 14:43:00 GMT 2020

Hi,

Since updating from Kubuntu 20.04 to Kubuntu 20.10, I have lost the
ability to alter brightness and contrast when scanning with a CanoScan
Lide 60.

My sane-utils version is 1.0.31-2ubuntu0.20.10.

I initially noticed the problem when using gscan2pdf as frontend and
changing the contrast/brightness settings on the Enhance tab had no
effect on the resulting scans.

The developer suggested producing two scans from the command line, using
'scanimage --brightness=-100 > min.pnm' and 'scanimage --brightness=100
 > max.pnm'.

Both outputs are identical, which, as I understand, indicates a problem
with the backend.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction to
solve this issue.

Many thanks,

Sven