[sane-devel] [janitorial] Next release and "packing my bags"

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Nov 18 13:13:43 GMT 2020

Hi Zdenek,

Zdenek Dohnal writes:

> On 11/14/20 12:31 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> [...]
>> If anyone is willing to step up as a next janitor of sorts or even just
>> as a kind of "release manager", I'll be happy to help out with getting
>> that person up to speed on things, insofar necessary.  If no-one steps
>> up, I guess it'll be up to the current project members to sort things
>> out amongst themselves.
>
> In my opinion it would be the best if there will be JANITORING.md readme
> file, which will cover what needs to be done as a SANE project janitor
> for specific SANE projects and how to do it e.g. how to maintain the
> website, how to set/fix CI, how to make a release etc.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I guess info like that could either go to
the sane-project/ops repository or the website where it would be a bit
more visible perhaps.

Please note that the sane-backends release part of the info is already
in sane-project/backends/doc/releases.txt and in a few scripts that are
used by its CI/CD.

> Basically all things you did/encountered in the past written down in a
> file - would it be possible for you to create such a file?
> With this way, even if no one can slip into janitor's shoes right now,
> there will be a check list/manual what to do if such person appears, or
> if backend's maintainers/other people rotates as a janitor between releases.

I'll see what I can do but if other care to submit merge requests ...
I'm all ears (and reviewing eyes).

Hope this helps,