[sane-devel] Fwd: SANE project used for possible election fraud

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Wed Nov 18 07:28:55 GMT 2020

Hi Tyler,

On 11/18/20 12:11 AM, Tyler Sharpe wrote:
> I'm the guy that sent the original email and I understand the
> skepticism. I'm assuming Smartmatic is a very corrupt company because of
> the emails wikileaks published and the evidence they rigged the election
> in Venezuela. I know it might be a conspiracy but the DR-X10C is the
> main ballot scanner used by dominion to count votes. Smartmatic uses
> it's own hardware from what I can see and they've said they've never
> provided technology to dominion which is being investigated. Yesterday
> there were 2 incidents where recounts were shown to have big errors and
> both counties using dominion and the DR-X10C. I understand if it were
> fraudulent code it most likely wouldn't be in a public branch. I also
> understand you probably don't like me posting here but I just wanted to
> add a little more info and let SANE developers know if they have worked
> with smartmatic developers in the past and noticed anything suspicious
> there's over 1 million in rewards for evidence of voter fraud.

we are the technical people here, not political. I really don't think
anybody here have any objections against your posting. Also and we can
assume, based on your words, that Smartmatic is very corrupt company.
But there is still a big logical gap between these assumptions and
conclusion that code they have contributed if fraudulent.

What would be nice to hear from you at this point, is some technical
details.

I've briefly reviewed the code you have mentioned in you original email
and was unable to find anything suspicious there. Ralph Litle also
reviewed that code and also didn't find anything really suspicious.

So if you know any *technical* details, it would be really very nice if
you could share these details with us.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)