[sane-devel] Rebase

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 22:33:58 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-10-01 4:39 a.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> I'd check with the pixma backend's new maintainer, hi Povilas!, and
> Louis just to make sure but what is the argument for not wanting to
> merge master into your branch instead?
>
> BTW, I know for a fact that the old maintainer occasionally rebased.

OK, due to an "abundance of caution", I opted for the merge, although
the size of the commit is enormous.
Kinda thinking that maybe a rebase would have been better now but it's done.

Where I work, we use mercurial and cherry picking is a tool that we
commonly use there.
I wonder if that might not have been a better bet here.

Cheers,
Ralph