[sane-devel] PIXMA TS8300 Series not working

Yoann Le Montagner yo35 at melix.net
Mon Oct 5 18:22:58 BST 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Indeed, things are better with libsane 1.0.31.

However, I still encounter some random errors when trying to use the
scanner. For instance, using 'scanimage', I get:

    yoann at yoann-desktop:~$ scanimage -d escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 >
    outfile.pnm
    Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
    Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
    yoann at yoann-desktop:~$ scanimage -d escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 >
    outfile.pnm
    Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
    scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 215.9 to 215.9
    scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 297.011 to 297.011
    scanimage: sane_start: Device busy
    yoann at yoann-desktop:~$ scanimage -d escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 >
    outfile.pnm
    Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
    Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
    yoann at yoann-desktop:~$ scanimage -d escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 >
    outfile.pnm
    Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
    scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 215.9 to 215.9
    scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 297.011 to 297.011

... the first 3 attempts failed, the fourth one succeed. The number of
attempts may change from one trial to another. And the scanner is almost
unusable from a graphical frontend such as XSane (probably because of
these errors I guess).

If there is any manipulation that I should try to provide more
information, please let me know.

Regards,

Yoann