[sane-devel] SANE Backends 1.0.31 released / Goodbye / Ubuntu PPA

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 11:43:06 BST 2020

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 12:29 PM Rolf Bensch <rolf at bensch-online.de> wrote:

> Hi Kelly,
>
> sane-release for 1.0.31 is available on both repositories:
> https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-release
> and
> https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-release
>
> I planned no auto switching for this ppa. I still added a note to the
> old ppa.
>
> Hope this helps.

Hi  Rolf,

thanks for your hard work and leaving the SANE project with discernment.

I had some negative experiences when people left a project with
getting unresponsive and even destructive.

A nice example for a smooth farewell.

I never got the opportunity to use the PIXMA backend because I decided
not to buy a "all-in-one" device (multi function printer, fax,
copier).
( Maybe again a cool Canon scanner. )

Regards,
- Sedat -