[sane-devel] Problem with new Canon iSensys MF746Cx

Andrea Croci andrea.croci at gmx.de
Tue Sep 8 16:09:04 BST 2020

Hi Kelly,

no, I'm not scanning text for OCR, I receive some documents per Mail
that I need to sign, scan and send back. When the document is printed on
both sides, the back side shows up if I don't adjust the brightness. I
haven't tried to process it in the PC, though. Maybe that works too.

I would love to force the scanner to not auto-adjust, but I don't know
how to do that. Or how to force it to auto-adjust for that matter. All I
know is that with my Epson printer/scanner and the epkowa backend I have
a lot of options including adjusting the brightness. If I set that to a
value between 30 and 40 I don't get the back of the document to show
through. I would like to be able to do that in the new scanner as well.

All I use Imagemagick for is the conversion of the huge .tiff out of the
scanner to a still big, but acceptable in most cases, .pdf.