[sane-devel] Net Client Not Contacting Server

C. Cook c.a.cook at quantum-sci.com
Sat Sep 12 19:53:31 BST 2020

Ok questions:

The Epson Perfection V370 apparently requires the iScan software which
can be downloaded from Epson for Linux.  But it's not available for
arm64.  I'd like my scan sever to be an Odroid N2+ which is arm64
running Ubongo Mate.

Now;  I thought that all the other scanner backends required only the
backend conf in /etc/sane.d, but I find that there seem to be libs for
each scanner in  /usr/lib64/libgphoto2/2.5.15/.

On the Odroid running Ubongo I find these libs in
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2/  and
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/sane/ .

Well iScan comes only in x86_64 flavor, although they do post the source:

- Are these libs necessary for the scanners to work?

- How do the client apps know which lib to pull?

- Do I need to compile epkowa.so for the Odroid to make the V370 work?

- Is there anything else I need to do?