[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 23:18:52 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-09-12 3:02 p.m., Charles Lindsey wrote:

> On 09/09/2020 15:51, Charles Lindsey wrote:
>

>> What it Didn't say (and it took me several hours to find out) is that
>> you then have to say
>>
>> sudo apt-get install libsane=1.0.31
>>
>> after which it seems to have worked (well, I have scanned the same
>> document 6 times without problem). Now to get the gamma correction
>> sorted out - but that can wait till tomorrow.
>
> I seem to have spoken too soon. I was testing it with Simple Scan.
>
> But when I tried Xsane and took a preview, the problem was back again.
> (Xsane is at version 0.999 if that helps).
>
> Oddly, when I did a full scan with Xsane, it came out correct. But I
> really need the preview facility in order to find the proper gamma
> settings. I have a nice test chart and the three test probes in the
> preview should make that much easier.
>>
>> So thanks for all your help.

I have a 1260 so tests that I do with that might well be reproduceable
on my machine.
When I looked at a similar issue previously, I did manage to reproduce
the vertical banding, but found that the latest version of SANE at that
time did not exhibit the issue.
Instead, there was a bug in the calibration computation that led to some
images being unusually dark. This was also diagnosed and fixed.

Could you send me a copy of an image with the issue, if it is possible?
A screen cap might be OK, just to get a feeling for what you are seeing.

Cheers,
Ralph