[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit

Charles Lindsey chl at clerew.man.ac.uk
Sat Sep 12 23:02:31 BST 2020

On 09/09/2020 15:51, Charles Lindsey wrote:

> What it Didn't say (and it took me several hours to find out) is that you then
> have to say
>
> sudo apt-get install libsane=1.0.31
>
> after which it seems to have worked (well, I have scanned the same document 6
> times without problem). Now to get the gamma correction sorted out - but that
> can wait till tomorrow.

I seem to have spoken too soon. I was testing it with Simple Scan.

But when I tried Xsane and took a preview, the problem was back again. (Xsane is
at version 0.999 if that helps).

Oddly, when I did a full scan with Xsane, it came out correct. But I really need
the preview facility in order to find the proper gamma settings. I have a nice
test chart and the three test probes in the preview should make that much easier.

--
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own thing------
Tel: +44 161 488 1845                    Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl