[sane-devel] Canon MF110/910 Series is not supported

Павел Данилов nopepal at mail.ru
Tue Sep 15 14:29:59 BST 2020

Hello, I'd like to share my experience with using sane-backend. My
printer/scanner model is Canon I-SENSYS MF113w. So, I've downloaded the
sources of the latest version (1.0.31) and compiled the pixma backend,
because it's compatible with my printer. After the installation process,
I've run the scanimage routine. The following is the output:

pavel at Inspiron:~$ sudo scanimage -L
[sudo] пароль для pavel:
[20:03:03.665848] [bjnp] add_scanner: Scanner Canon MF110/910 Series is
not supported, model is unknown! Please report upstream

This let me to conclude, that the SANE backend successfully recognized
my scanner via Wi-Fi, but was unsuccessful at establishing communication
with it.

So, as the final conclusion, that scanner model (Canon I-SENSYS MF113w
of Scanner Canon MF110/910 Series) isn't working, so I'm reporting that
fact.

--
Danilov Pavel
nopepal at mail.ru