[sane-devel] Problem with new Canon iSensys MF746Cx

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Wed Sep 16 11:03:25 BST 2020

Hi Andrea,

On 9/15/20 7:11 PM, Andrea Croci wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> I'm really immensely grateful for your wonderful job and what you are
> doing for the Linux community. I wouldn't mind being of help. I have
> built programs from source before and with your instructions I can do it
> again. I can also trace programs, if you tell me exactly what you want
> me to trace (the scanimage -L? A specific call to the backend? The saned
> process?). My problem is in the moment the time. If you accept that I
> contribute like once or twice a week, then consider me onĀ  board.
OK, thank you for your response. I don't think I'll consume a lot of
your time, but I really need your help with testing, because I don't
have a physical access to your device.

To begin, please uncomment the following lines in the
/etc/sane.d/airscan.conf file:

[debug]
trace = ~/airscan/trace
enable = true

And rerun scanning, using any client program of your choose.

It will create an ~/airscan/trace directory and put some .log and some
.tar files there.

For now, please ignore the .tar files and send .log files to me. I
think, better directly by e-mail, to avoid mailing list pollution with
these logs.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)