[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.9.1 released
jffry at posteo.net
Fri Sep 25 13:26:57 BST 2020
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.9.1:
* Work around imagemagick versions that create TIFFs that PDF::API2
doesn't like when testing pdftk by using JPEG.
Closes #361 Hang on startup since commit #ab767c
* Read locale from LC_MESSAGES, rather than LANGUAGE environmental
variable, map C locale to English. Thanks to Petr Písař and Chris Mayo
for the patches. Closes bug #360 and merge request #32.
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Matthias Sprau)
* Update to Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel