[sane-devel] New Scanner Request: $$$

Spencer Davis davis.spencer1117 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:08:45 BST 2021

Looking for someone to write a sane backend for an Epson RapidReciept RR-60
or if anyone knows of something similar that would be simpler for the
use-case below and looks/priced the same.

Issue:
The current epson backend sort of works. Using scanimage I can get the ADF
to scan with --prompt to take a receipt, load another->hit enter, etc but
as soon as it doesnt detect a page, it dies. So I know most of the leg work
is there, just might need some alterations but it's outside of my
development ability paygrade.

What I'm looking for:
I need a compact, sheet-fed scanner to be *always* waiting for the next
receipt and automatically save it to disk.
I haven't done a ton of research but I think I need something similar to
the adf-wait parameter in sane-pixma:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosmic/man5/sane-pixma.5.html

Epson Product Link:
https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/RapidReceipt-Series/Epson-RR-60/s/SPT_B11B252204

Any more questions feel free to reach out. I'm going to need a bunch of
these so I can absolutely get one shipped to you. There may also be future
work needing help making a completely proprietary scanner w/ patent, if
anyone has good knowledge on internals w/ the ability to mock up test
hardware, shoot me an email.