[sane-devel] Colour problem with Canon Maxify MB5150

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:02:34 BST 2021

Thierry,

On Monday, 2021-08-02 13:09:34 +0200, you wrote:

> The current version of scangearmp2 is 4.10 ( https://canoncanadafr.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1034243/~/scangear-mp-v.-4.10-for-linux-%28debian-packagearchive%29).
> You can install libmfo2-canon (https://github.com/Ordissimo/libmfp2-canon),  which will allow you to use your device with xsane.

First of all,  I'm using  "scanimage"  rather than "xsane".   Would that
work for "scanimage" too?  If yes, am I getting this right:

- I have to clone and build

     https://github.com/Ordissimo/libmfp2-canon.git

  which in turn depends on cloning and building

     https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2.git

- And since I'm on  Gentoo which  only offers  "media-gfx/sane-backends"
  version 1.0.31  (this package  currently seems to be  more or less un-
  maintained) I'd finally have to clone and build

     https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends.git

Ok,  this leads to the question  which changeset to check out and how to
tell this final build where to find the other two.

> I have not finished, the Flatbed, works, I plan to add the 600dpi.
> For the ADF, only the first page is taken but I'll fix that after the vacations.

So it seems  it doesn't make  much sense  to do all that compiling right
now, does it?   Could you please be so kind as to give me a thumb up via
personal e-mail as soon as I should try?

Sincerely,
  Rainer