[sane-devel] Colour problem with Canon Maxify MB5150

Thierry Huchard thierry at ordissimo.com
Tue Aug 10 13:28:29 BST 2021

Le 2021-08-09 13:02, Dr Rainer Woitok a écrit :
> Thierry,
>
> On Monday, 2021-08-02 13:09:34 +0200, you wrote:

>> The current version of scangearmp2 is 4.10 (
>> https://canoncanadafr.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1034243/~/scangear-mp-v.-4.10-for-linux-%28debian-packagearchive%29).
>> You can install libmfo2-canon
>> (https://github.com/Ordissimo/libmfp2-canon),  which will allow you to
>> use your device with xsane.
>
> First of all,  I'm using  "scanimage"  rather than "xsane".   Would
> that
> work for "scanimage" too?  If yes, am I getting this right:
>
> - I have to clone and build
>
>      https://github.com/Ordissimo/libmfp2-canon.git
>
>   which in turn depends on cloning and building
>
>      https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2.git
>
> - And since I'm on  Gentoo which  only offers
> "media-gfx/sane-backends"
>   version 1.0.31  (this package  currently seems to be  more or less
> un-
>   maintained) I'd finally have to clone and build
>
>      https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends.git
>
> Ok,  this leads to the question  which changeset to check out and how
> tell this final build where to find the other two.
>
>> I have not finished, the Flatbed, works, I plan to add the 600dpi.
>> For the ADF, only the first page is taken but I'll fix that after the
>> vacations.
>
> So it seems  it doesn't make  much sense  to do all that compiling
> right
> now, does it?   Could you please be so kind as to give me a thumb up
> via
> personal e-mail as soon as I should try?

Hi Rainer,

I just saw that things have changed.
The current version of scangearmp2 is 4.20
So I repackaged it to reflect this, you can use scangearmp2 provided by
canon:
https://canoncanadafr.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1035645/~/scangear-mp-v.-4.20-for-linux-%28file-source%29
or use just what is needed with my library (libcanon-proprio-bin):
https://launchpad.net/~thierry-f/+archive/ubuntu/libmfp2/+packages

The canon_pixma backends are functional in both flatbed and ADF mode.
I didn't test the ADF Duplex mode (no camera at hand).
Here are the sources of the backend :
https://github.com/Ordissimo/libmfp2-canon/
and
https://launchpad.net/~thierry-f/+archive/ubuntu/libmfp2/+packages