[sane-devel] Colour problem with Canon Maxify MB5150

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:19:49 BST 2021

Thierry,

On Tuesday, 2021-08-10 14:28:29 +0200, you wrote:

> I just saw that things have changed.
> The current version of scangearmp2 is 4.20
> So I repackaged it to reflect this, you can use scangearmp2 provided by
> canon:
> https://canoncanadafr.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1035645/~/scangear-mp-v.-4.20-for-linux-%28file-source%29

At least that's source code,  even though  it's not a repository.   Does
your "libmfp2-canon" repository  still work with your  "scangearmp2" re-
pository or is version 4.20 now mandatory?

> or use just what is needed with my library (libcanon-proprio-bin):
> https://launchpad.net/~thierry-f/+archive/ubuntu/libmfp2/+packages

Ugh.  These are Debian packages tailored for particular Ubuntu releases.
I'm sure I'd be way more happy with source code ...

> The canon_pixma backends are functional in both flatbed and ADF mode.
> I didn't test the ADF Duplex mode (no camera at hand).

Sorry?  What's the use of a camera when doing an ADF Duplex scan?

Sincerely,
  Rainer