[sane-devel] Release 1.0.33?

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:11:00 BST 2021

Hi,
OK, seems like we have an appetite for a release.
Since this is the first time we have done this without Olaf, I suggest that
we give ourselves plenty of time to figure out the ropes.

I propose the following timeline:

Feature Freeze - Sept 24
Code Freeze - Oct 7
Release - Oct 14

This follows a similar timeframe to our previous release, but with a longer
lead time to the start of the process to allow us to figure it all out. It
also keeps the month dates similar to before.

I will try to assemble the tasks in the meantime.
If anyone wishes to take on any of the release tasks then feel free to step
forward!

>From what I can think of from the top of my head:
- Calling for translations
- Building the changelog
- Updating the PPAs and creating a 1.0.33 on sane-release (which I will do)
- Creating a milestone on GitLab to assign all relevant issues/MRs to
- Other things that I have probably forgotten about.

In the meantime, I encourage people to expedite their MRs and branch work
if they want to get it included in the release!

Cheers,
Ralph