[sane-devel] Out of Memory Error – USB-Connection

Martin Gubser martin.gu at intergga.ch
Mon Aug 30 20:31:15 BST 2021

Running Mint 20.2 I get an "Out of memory" error when I try to scan.

My scanner is an Epson XP-6100 which is connected with an USB-cable.

ipp-usb is installed.

The command“scanimage-T” results in the error message

scanimage: open of device escl:http://127.0.0.1:60001 failed: Out of memory

As Mick Sulley described I run the following commands:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sane-project/sane-git

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt install libsane libsane-common sane-utils

The last command produced the error message

update-inetd: warning: cannot add service, /etc/inetd.conf does not exist.

This message irritates me. Should “/etc/inetd.conf” exist and the lack
is an error of Mint?

As suggested I did

$ scanimage –version =>

Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.

scanimage: open of device escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 failed: Out of memory

How can I fix this?

Martin Gubser