[sane-devel] Interactive use of scanner buttons

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:33:13 GMT 2021

Allan hit it there.  You may have buttons that are exposed as USB
keyboard or HID devices, or it may piggyback on the protocol being
used for just scanning.  You may need a system notification app on
your desktop that integrates XSane (probably a localized saned over
Unix sockets).

That said... I cannot think of a scanner connected over the network
with saned will have any use for the buttons on the scanner itself.
The only useful button in that case would be "Copy" and only if you
attached a printer there... and in which case, the computer it's
attached to can handle a basic copy job by itself.  I can think of
extreme edge cases but that's it.  Hell, at my workplace we have
all-in-one copy/scan/fax network printers... and those things scanned
to a PDF and required an email address.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://redwolf.ws