[sane-devel] Oliver's email

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 1 10:53:16 GMT 2021

Hi Ralph, list,

Ralph Little writes:

> Hi,
> I have been looking through some of the man pages and we still have
> reference to Oliver Rauch and his email address.
>
> Does anyone know (Olaf?) if Oliver would still prefer for his email to
> be present in these man pages or if he would like us to change that to
> something SANE project related?

I think it is best to remove the email address but leave Oliver's name,
so as to give credit where credit is due.  If people find issues or have
comments regarding the manual pages, they can create issues over at our
GitLab project(s) and/or contact the mailing list.

My basic reasoning here is that active project members are also members
of the relevant project on GitLab and that they subscribe to sane-devel.
In Oliver's case, neither is true.  It is more efficient for both users
and Oliver if people contact us via the list or GitLab issues.

As an aside, some time ago I received an archive of the XSane website
from Oliver and he told me I could re-"publish" that (if so inclined)
after removing his email address.

Hope this helps,