[sane-devel] Info on unlisted, unsupported Iriscan express 4

Rita Bylsma R.Bylsma at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 16 20:11:37 GMT 2021

Hi,

This is Rita Bylsma again, new to this list.

I have some more information on my IRIScanExpress4.
Note that my Epson scanner works on my system (Arch Linux).
The IRIScanExpress4 does not even get detected,
also not when I force scsi (it identifies as a scsi
mass storage device).  See below for a listing.
The 'specifics' from sanei_usb_open are apparently 'Invalid argument',
but I could not find that in the sanei_usb_open code on gitlab.

lsusb -vv gives a warning that it can not open the device and
information will therefor not be complete.  It says this for
each usb device, except the Epson scanner.

Best Regards,
               Rita

sudo sane-find-scanner -v -v -v -v -v  libusb:001:016
This is sane-find-scanner from sane-backends 1.0.31
searching for SCSI scanners:
ignored libusb:001:016 (not a SCSI device)
searching for USB scanners:
checking libusb:001:016... failed to open (Invalid argument)
ignoring libusb devices
  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that

sudo sane-find-scanner -v -v -v -v -v -f  libusb:001:016
This is sane-find-scanner from sane-backends 1.0.31
searching for SCSI scanners:
checking libusb:001:016 even though it looks like a USB device... failed to open (Invalid argument)
  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that