[sane-devel] Completely supported scanner Canon CanoScan Lide 300 doesn't work

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Mon Jan 4 09:31:19 GMT 2021

Hi

I've tried connecting my scanner to my laptop instead of to my desktop. Now
there are *two* devices recognized:

vaio /tmp $ scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A91913' is a CANON CanoScan LiDE 300 multi-function
peripheral
device `escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000' is a ESCL LiDE 300 HTTP flatbed scanner

The first one is the same as at my desktop computer. The second one doesn't
work either:

vaio /tmp $ scanimage --device='pixma' > image.pnm
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
scanimage: open of device pixma failed: Device busy

vaio /tmp $ scanimage --device=escl > image.pnm
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
scanimage: open of device escl failed: Invalid argument

vaio /tmp $ scanimage --device='escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000' > image.pnm
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
Capability : [image/jpeg]
Capability : [image/jpeg]
scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 0 to 0
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 0 to 0
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

Could that be a USB problem?

Puzzled,
Volker