[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.11.0 released
jffry at posteo.net
Mon Jan 18 21:06:59 GMT 2021
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.11.0:
* Run started callback before error callback
* + option to navigate through OCR output by position
* Fix hang trying to process page that has been deleted.
* Quit with fatal error if module versions do not match executable
version. Closes #370 (gscan2pdf opens to white screen).
* Take undo/redo snapshot when adding or correcting OCR text
* Don't lose OCR output when running user-defined tool
* Only update list of user-defined tools on pressing apply in
* + vertically split screen view for image and OCR output.
* Correct use of dpi option in v4.0.0-beta.1 tesseract call
* Check that the core font cannot encode the glyphs before using TTF.
* + option to put OCR output to the right of the image, rather than
* Additionally make source "Normal" a synonym for "flatbed". Closes #371
(Improve option for auto-select #Pages upon switching ADF/Normal)
* Fix bug estimating height of non-greyscale variable height scans.
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
* Update to Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 840 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel