[sane-devel] Feature Freeze for 1.0.32 (was Re: [HEADS UP] Feature Freeze for 1.0.32 on 2021-01-24)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Jan 31 11:52:19 GMT 2021

Hi list,

Just thought I'd let you know there only one week left until Code Freeze
on 2021-02-07.

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi list,
>
> This is to let you know that I just pushed the release/1.0.32 branch and
> that we have entered Feature Freeze.  The branch is meant to receive bug
> and documentation fixes only.
>
> Please (re)target bug and documentation fix merge requests to this
> branch if you want them to get included in sane-backends-1.0.32.  Please
> also set the merge requests' milestone accordingly so they are easy to
> find.
>
> We cannot promise that everything will go in before we enter Code Freeze
> on 2021-02-07 but unless retargetted and milestoned merge requests will
> be for a release after 1.0.32.
>
> Olaf Meeuwissen writes:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> As I [mentioned][1] about two months ago on the list already and as per
>> [milestone][2], the Feature Freeze for our upcoming 1.0.32 release will
>> be on 2021-01-24.  I'll cut and push a release/1.0.32 branch on that
>> day, sometime around noon (UTC).  If you've got features lying around
>> that you are confident you can get in a good enough shape for inclusion
>> in 1.0.32, make sure to commit them to master before the feature freeze.
>>
>> Also, take a look at our [open merge requests][3] for anything that
>> could be merged in time for 1.0.32, either features or bug fixes.
>> Special request to all merge request assignees: now is a good time to
>> make up your minds about your assigned merge requests!  If you want it
>> to go in, please set the milestone to 1.0.32 (and adjust the target
>> branch if necessary!).
>> # Doh!  I've still got three myself, out of 16 assigned total (as of
>> # writing).
>
> I made up my mind about the merge requests that had been assigned to me
> and am now at zero :-)
>
>>  [1]: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2020-November/038514.html
>>  [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/milestones/5
>>  [3]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests
>>
>> After the feature freeze, we will have two weeks to fix up bugs on the
>> release/1.0.32 branch.  Make sure you direct your merge requests to the
>> right branch.  Bug and documentation fixes should go to release/1.0.32.
>> Anything else to master.
>> Merge request assignees, please double check the target branch :bow:
>>
>> On 2021-02-07 we'll enter a one week Code Freeze.  Only documentation
>> fixes and hardware destroying bug fixes will be allowed on the
>> release/1.0.32 branch.
>>
>> On 2021-02-14, Valentine's Day, we'll be releasing 1.0.32 (and merge
>> release/1.0.32 to master).

I've cleaned out my SANE related To-Do list and all items have been, eh,
"taken care of".  As for the outstanding issues that are assigned to me,
I've whittled that list down a fair bit as well.  The ones left I might
still do something about before leaving the project around 2021-02-16.

Hope this helps,