[sane-devel] newbie

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Mon Jan 25 20:07:40 GMT 2021

Hi,

On 1/25/21 5:24 PM, Matt Zagrabelny via sane-devel wrote:
> I'm looking to get into scanning in the GNU/Linux world - I do not yet
> own a scanner. I know the SANE compatibility matrix exists [0], but I am
> hoping for some anecdotal recommendations.

If you a looking for office-quality scanner that will work without any
trouble with Linux, the best choice would be a network scanner or MFP,
that supports "driverless" scanning using eSCL (Apple Airprint/Airscan)
or WSD protocols.

The incomplete and constantly growing list of tested devices can be
found here:

   https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)