[sane-devel] Is it possible...

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Wed Mar 17 23:52:32 GMT 2021

I have been thinking a lot about sane lately, and I have a question for
the list.

Is it possible to make sane (and specifically its older driver base) look
and function like an airscan device?

By that, I mean is it possible to have a sane instance talk to a scanner,
especially the older ones supported by sane, but also other airscan devices
and then expose those scanners to the network as if they were airscan
devices?

This would basically let sane become the scan hub of a windows/mac/linux
network.

so is it possible?  And if so, what would it take to do?