[sane-devel] I'd like to scan via Canon iSensys MF746Cx & can test things for you

Swen Dietrich swen.dietrich at mailbox.org
Fri Mar 26 20:11:15 GMT 2021

Hi all,

> That device has some problems as a printer with the supplied driver
> under Linux

tbh for me the device worked wonderfully out of the box.

Printing works fine and all the settings are also auto detected and work
as far as I can tell (e. g. duplex printing, scaling, colour, ....)
Both flatbed and adf scanning worked until recently.

It was all fine and dandy until some idiot (me) uninstalled the wrong
debian package and now scannign no longer works.
Simple-scan said it can't connect to the device.
scanimage reports this:

> > sudo scanimage -L
> device `escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000' is a ESCL CNMF745C/746C (USB) flatbed scanner
>
> > sudo scanimage > /tmp/output
> Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
> scanimage: open of device escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000 failed: Out of memory

This isn't a support forum but when someone can tell me which debian
package I need to get this working again this would be truly wonderful.

I'm running

> Linux hostname 5.10.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.13-1 (2021-02-06) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Greetings from germany
Swen Dietrich