[sane-devel] I can test drivers for iSensys MF746Cx

Andrea Croci andrea.croci at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 16:59:17 GMT 2021

Hello,

I have this same device and initially had some problems with it. I was
in contact with Alexander and did some tests for him (not full though, I
got sidetracked after a while).

The device works with both airscan and eSCL (maybe they are even the
same thing, although they are listed as two devices by scanimage -L).
The only problem is that they always get like a different address or
something and they are not always addressed properly by scanimage. But
it's not a big deal, one only has to play with the names a little bit
and it will work.

I now use gscan2pdf because it saves me time with the conversion to pdf
files, especially if I only want to save a selection of the pages and
not all of them. There I have the same problem: when I open gscan2pdf
after not having used it for a while, it doesn't find the scanner. I
have to let it scan for devices again and then it will find it and work
great.

That device has some problems as a printer with the supplied driver
under Linux (Canon is terrible at customer service here), but that's a
story for the CUPS mailing-list. Swen, if you have problems setting it
up as a printer, you may mail me and I'll tell you how I got it (after
days of trying).

Regards.